Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tardiness

I always heard that you got ~15 minutes grace when you had your first child, so I multiplied that times 2 once we had AC. I thought the grace period would end once we were out of the baby stage, but I'm proven wrong every day.

Now that A and AC are older, all new devices cause delays. Instead of packing a diaper bag and extra clothes, I'm worried about if the baby doll has her paci, if the "right" shoes are in the car, etc. I think the Lord is trying to teach me patience - it's a battle.

So, if you ever see me arrive 20 minutes late, I'm not tardy - I'm actually 10 minutes early!

3 comments:

Kathy Posey said...

I love that logic!! That is fabulous! We have actually found that we end up being insanely early everywhere since having Lorelei because we plan too much time to get ready. Our first time to go to church we were 20 minutes early. LOL

Kelley said...

Isn't that the darn truth?! I still call it my "Phi Mu 15 Minutes rule".....

Alli said...

I love that rule! Here I was kicking myself on a daily basis for 3 years now because I am always 5-10 minutes late. Now I know I've actually been early! Thanks for the self-esteem boost :) And, BTW, I've never noticed that you were late.