I've discovered a hidden gem here in Birmingham, and it's too good not to share! The Aveda Institute is located outside the Galleria Mall, and performs salon services by their students at incredibly low rates! I went recently for a haircut, and was very pleased at what my $15 bought me - a shampoo, cut and style. Pedicures are only $12! I plan to visit them again very soon, and thought I would encourage you to as well.
http://www.avedainstitutesbb.com/birmingham-services.php
Check out the pdf attached midway down the page for the price list.
While you may be discouraged by the fact that students are performing this work, please keep in mind that they've already completed ~3 months of training before they work on you! In actuality, they're only months from being in a "real" salon where their services will cost 2-3 times as much. Plus all their work is checked by their teachers, so you can rest assured that you are getting quality work.
I hope you enjoy!
2 comments:
I used to get massages in the tech school in Anniston and was always pleased...I will have to check this out for some pampering after the move!
Thanks for sharing! I like secrets, but I LOVE good ones :)
Post a Comment