Friday, August 1, 2008

Sips 'n Snips

Last night I went to a trial offering of Sips 'n Snips at the Helena Florist. It's a spin-off the very popular Sips 'n Strokes, but focuses on floral arrangement. I didn't really know what we would be doing, but I've always been interested in how to arrange bouquets, so I thought it was worth a shot. It was GREAT! Phillip, the instructor and owner of Helena Florist, guided us on how to make 2 different types of arrangements: a small nosegay-type and a larger vase arrangement. Not only did I learn a lot about where to place the filler/greenery, but I also learned how to make a "frog" with tape on a vase to make a fool-proof arrangement. To my surprise, we got to take home both arrangements!

Here is a picture of my arrangements. I'm dying to go again..anyone interested?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! I would love to do that sometime. We need to plan a girls' night!

Reformed Grits said...

That sounds like lots of fun! I'd love to go. I have always pulled flowers from my yard and can never have them look right. I'd love to learn how to do this!

Anonymous said...

I'll go! Sounds great!

Andrea said...

Had fun the other night with you, but this sounds like even more fun!

mamahenn said...

This sounds so great- call me I want to go with you!Melanie