Thursday, August 7, 2008

Andrew speak

So a bit ago I blogged about how Andrew likes Toby Mac. Well, we've found a new song titled Lose my Soul. The chorus for the song is I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul. That is Andrew's new favorite line, so I decided to approach the significance of that line with him the other day, and this is what I got:
A: (singing) I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul...
M: Andrew, do you know what he's saying when he sings that? It means that we always need to remember that God is the most important thing in the world.
A: yeah
M: God is so good to us that he gives us good things.
A: Yeah, like cookies.

We later had the same discussion and God's good gift to Andrew was applesauce. I guess he's getting the idea...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cute! I love what 3 year olds come up with!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! It's so sweet to hear these 3 year olds trying to wrap their sweet little developing minds around such big things :)

Andrea said...

He is obviously VERY bright! ;-)