
Keith became a Rick and Bubba convert last year, so to surprise him, I got us golden tickets to see them live on his birthday. Keith was very excited to go, partly because he thought they'd meet him and instantly decide that he was the missing piece of their team! (Seriously, he was dreaming of some air time with Rick and Bubba!) Well, that didn't happen, but what did was great!
We started our the morning by waking up at 4:45am (yikes!) and making them some food - because we know how to make them happy. We arrived at the studio just before 7am, and were seated inside the golden seats. We chose seats well within view of Rick, and soon after got to interact (we told Rick about the Cuban hurdles guy looking like the guy from Different World!). Keith's laugh was obviously within earshot of Rick because I noticed he often looked to Keith for a reaction. I also got a huge compliment when Bubba did a happy dance over my "Fit for a King" sausage casserole.
When the clock struck 9am, we knew it was our time to leave. Rick and Bubba were very gracious to take pictures with us, and that's what I've attached here.
We had a great time, and plan to reserve future seats soon....if you get the chance, you should too!
3 comments:
How fun are you! What a great idea!!!
Girl, you really know how to do birthdays---so fun! I can do the kids', but Jeph's is much harder--I need to be more creative like you!
Y'all must really be morning people!
I am all about havin' some fun, but it pretty much has to start after 9:000AM.
;-)
Sounds like a very Happy Birthday indeed!
Post a Comment