AC is queen of temper tantrums right now. I've decided the best way to combat them is to take something that she likes, and hold it until she mellows out. Apparently this is working.
Tonight, while getting her dressed for a football game, she started to act up. After I took her Dumbo, and explained she would get it back after she got dressed, she took some time to play with A. A few minutes later she came back to me, and said, "I'm sorry I was freaking out." And then she crawled into my lap, gave me a hug and said "I love you."
Success!
2 comments:
Love it! I have a friend who does this when he kids fight over a toy too..the toy goes to time out...
I love the apology: "I'm sorry I was freaking out." That sounds like something I would say :) How old is she? Oh wait, maybe I'm the one who sounds/acts like a 2-year-old... gotta think about that one.
Post a Comment