Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dance Party

Last night, the kids and I had a dance party. Nothing was on TV (or on the 20 channels we now have - and no, we don't watch American Idol), and I needed to burn some of their energy before bedtime. So, I turned on the radio, and searched for a good station. My luck held, and I found some good '90's rock/pop, and began to sing and dance with the kids. We each grabbed a microphone (aka: spoons and an Aquadoodle marker), and I swung the kids around while I belted out some Cranberries and Blues Traveler. By the end of each song, the kids were making up their own words to the songs, and Andrew even created some new dance moves.

I wish I had a secret camera going last night, because that's what I want out kids to remember - well, maybe not my singing....

3 comments:

Alli said...

I bet they think you are the coolest mom :)

The Farm said...

I pegged you as an American Idoler! :D

Becca Mae said...

I love dance parties! Def Leopard is our CD of choice! Fun memories!