After many years of saying we'd do it, I'm finally staying at home! I put in my notice last Monday, and I'll work through the end of this month. But after that, I'm joining the ranks of the SAHMs, and I'm SO excited! (Actually, I'm terrified, but I think all sorts of emotions are jumbled up right now.)
I'll be home just in time to enjoy the summer, and I've been writing down things that we can do (for free). I've got the kid's movies at the Rave on Tuesdays on record, Alabaster City Fest (thanks Alli!), and a Y membership which I fully plan to exhaust.
Can you think of more fun (and cheap) things I can add to my summer of fun with my kiddos?
6 comments:
The park or playground is a staple. And Oak Mountain has $2 entry (but your kiddos might be free--John was last time we went). They have playgrounds and trails, but the petting zoo is our fave. And then there's always joining either the zoo or McWane--which costs up front, but allows you to go anytime for a year. We joined McWane so we have somewhere to go in the cold or rain.
Congrats! You can sign the kids up for free bowling. I will find the email and send it to you. I would love to get together with you this summer and let the kids play! There is also storytime at the library and the summer book challenge. I know you will enjoy being at home with the kiddos. They will enjoy it too. I am happy for ya'll!
Double yay!!! I can't wait to hang out with you guys!!! Keep me informed of this free list thing you have going. I will need it for future reference! I expect lots of blog entries because of this! :)
You can sign the kids up for free bowling at kidsbowlfree.com . There is also storytime at the library. Congrats!
Be sure to check the Birmingham Parent Magazine and Kid's Directory that you can get at the library for free, they update things monthly and are so valueable (like concerts art shows, etc)...the McWane and Zoo memberships are sooo worth the $$...Homewood Library has story time on T and W at 10:30 and they have a calendar of events available by the month...our Music and More class is not meeting over the summer, but I will let you know when we do start meeting again...we have a Mama & Me Bible Study at church on Tues at 10:30, Trinity UMC...just a very informal Moms getting together with a short devotional while the kids play...there is also free play time for $6 at the Kids Gym in Vestavia...tell me about the free movies!
So good to see you the other day!! Playtime with the Henningsen's is free!!! We would love to play in the sprinkler or go to the park! Call us- Mel
Post a Comment