Monday, March 9, 2009

E-Mealz challenge

I'm tired of our grocery bill growing out of control, so I'm taking the hint that menus may be the way to go. Since I'm not creative enough to generate these each week, I've decided to pay e-Mealz to do it for me. Have you heard of them? For $5/month, I will get a menu plan for my family, specific to Publix, that will limit my grocery bill to $85/wk max. (If this sounds outrageous to you, I want to know what you've been doing!)

I joined today, and my meal plan will be ready on Wednesday...so the challenge begins there.
Have you done this? If not, what do you do to control your grocery store spending?

6 comments:

The Farm said...

I started this last week. So far loving it! I did the Public family low-fat meal.

The Farm said...

that is Publix. :)

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see how you like it!
Let us know

Alli said...

That would simplify my life--but I'm afraid to do it bc I'm so picky! Plus, I don't know how much we actually spend on food--but everything we buy at Wal-mart and Publix never goes over $100/week. I'd be afraid I couldn't buy diapers, shampoo, toothpaste, catfood, litter, etc., on the $15 that's left! Plus, I like to go out every now and then ;)

Kelley said...

We spend about $500 a month, that is groceries, with me cooking a meal every night (I make out a menu for the month and then shop for two weeks at a time, by my menu) and then all of our others: diapers, wipes, shampoo, toothpaste, toliet paper, etc...let me know how this goes!

Alecia Watson Bahna said...

This sounds great!! I'm anxious to hear how your food issues play in... I subscribed today. Will let you know how it goes!