Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Know I'm Getting Older, But Really....

This is Keith posting for the first time in forever. I just need to vent for a second. Twice in the past month I have been made to feel much older than I should be.

The first time we blogged about, but I was asked by a friend of my 16 year old brother if I was his dad. Do I really look like I could father a 16 year old?!

This new time is much worse because the person knew me, not my brother. I went into CVS Monday night and I recognized the girl behind the counter immediately as someone I graduated from high school with. She also recognized me immediately, or so I thought, until she asked me if I had a son named Keith. This means she thought I was my dad. I know it's been 10 years since i have seen this girl, but my gosh, do I really look 55+?!!

I am fairly used to these evil accusations. Most people assume I am about 10 years older than I am, but being asked if I had a son named Keith by someone I went to high school with through me back a little, hence this post.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Hey Keith, you do not look old! You are tall and you have glasses, both of which contribute to an air of wisdom.

Alli said...

No need to apply to get on the show "10 years younger." You just look more intelligent than a lot of people, and some of these youngsters nowadays equate that with maturity/age. If it makes you feel any better, Rob gets the same sort of comments (I think someone once guessed he was in his mid-40s. Sheesh!)

Andrea said...

I do not think you look old at all...frankly, there are just a bunch of dumb folks around these parts!
Was that girl in special ed?
;-)

Kelley said...

Crazy makes the world go around. Remember this.

Also, pass this to M, I recommend you get What is Christmas? It's a book by Michelle Medlock Adams...a small cardboard book, but I think it would be good for your kids and you in referencing the email survey you sent us a few weeks back...it's really good...I picked it up last year at Wal Mart.
:) Kelley