Last night, we saw Andrew in his first Christmas musical. Though I had only realized late Monday night that he would be a part of it (all flyers said Kindergarten, and I guess I was in denial that 3-K meant kindergarten too), I pack him some cute Christmas clothes, and packed the camera bag. As I picked Keith up from work, he then realized that this was going to be Andrew's first concert, and wished that we had invited the parents (sorry!). When we got to Trinity, Keith pointed out to me that the camera bag was actually empty. (We tried to video it on Keith's blackberry, but it didn't turn out so well.)
As we're dropping Andrew off, his teacher informs Keith that we need to sit away from Andrew's line of vision. We try to arrange that when in the church, but of course, sit directly in front of him. (Of all the luck!) Andrew looks miserable while singing, so Keith gets Andrew's attention, which promptly makes Andrew cry that he's not with Daddy. But, Andrew makes it through the performance, only to be carried out by his teacher because he's so sad.
As we're picking him up, Andrew has this conversation with Keith:
A: I lied today.
K: What do you mean?
A: I was supposed to be happy when I was singing, but I was sad.
K: Sad, why?
A: Because I wanted to be with you.
So, while I'll claim a large portion of this momentous Christmas and childhood memory, I think it was a failure on all sides....
1 comment:
Bless him! an Bless you parents!
Post a Comment