Over the past 5 days, I have found a new addiction. It started innocently enough, when a co-worker of Keith's asked him to read a book. After Keith read it, with a mildly dissatisfied review, he said we should see the related movie which was coming out soon. I made fun of Keith, but eventually decided I should read the book before seeing the movie. Bad call. Which is why I now stand forward to say:
"My name is Meredith, and I'm addicted to the Twilight series."
I read the first book on Thursday night, and decided to check out the rest of the series this weekend. After completed 3 books in 3 days (a reading marathon I can only thank my husband for), we saw the movie on Saturday night. On Sunday I finished the 4th book, and today, I finished reading a portion of the published 5th book.
The series is basically a teen love story, think Romeo and Juliet with vampires, and if you read it from any other perspective than a 14 year-old girl's, you will never appreciate the series. (Which is why my husband couldn't read beyond book 1, and I ravenously devoured the remaining books.)
Since I'm at the end of the series, I suppose this addiction should be coming to a close...but maybe I'll see the movie just 1 more time...
1 comment:
my sister was very convincing in her appeal for me to read this....i haven't yet, but I'm really thinking about it :)
Post a Comment