This is an appeal for help, so readers, please respond with any help you can give!
Since Anna Catherine was born, I've been a bit lax on Andrew's eating habits. He used to eat anything and everything, but for about a year now, he really doesn't eat much anymore. He's expanded his diet to include grilled cheese sandwiches, pizza and sliced bread, but really he doesn't eat much beyond that. I mean, he'll eat cereal and anything in the nut family, but for the most part, he's an extremely picky child. As a picky eater, I swore that I wouldn't raise my children (especially not my son) to be this way.
To start moving away from this, last night we only offered him our dinner (chicken pot pie). He said throughout the evening that he was hungry, but we kept referring him to his dinner on the table. He finally relented and ate 1 bite, but I know that he had to have been starving!
I know that I'm the reason for the problem, but that I need to be strong enough to solve it, so please offer ideas/tips on how I can get Andrew to start eating "normal" food..I'm desperate!
Thanks!
1 comment:
Meredith,
I found this blog post tonight and thought you might like to read it. It's a little long but is really good. I'm going to start trying some of these ideas myself.
http://www.xanga.com/Titus2Mentor/638264740/thankful-eater-or-picky-eater-repost.html
Post a Comment