What a year! It's amazing to look back on everything God had planned for us...because it's so different than what I expected. I started the year, begging God for contentment (especially in terms of children..Keith and I were just recovering from our 4th consecutive pregnancy loss). I had no idea that, by the end, we'd have Charlie, my niece (Teagan, who's an answer to years of prayers by my sister), and 4 other babies born to other members of our extended family. We never expected that, by mid-year, Keith would have left Daxko and moved to another company. (And that move would literally require a move to Mobile in 2011..yes, that's on our horizon.) I would have been shocked if you would have told me that my father would have been diagnosed, treated, and overcome cancer all within these short 12 months.
Throughout the year, I've grown to value prayer more than I ever expected...it's amazing how God has placed all these events in my life to bring me closer to him. I'm so thankful that He's answered prayers...and even more thankful that He's answered prayers the way I wanted them. I've grown to understand that His ways and thoughts are higher than mine (Is 55:9), but that I feel a lot better when I express my thoughts to him.
I am so thankful for all the blessed events of 2010, and look forward to what God has in-store for 2011!
2 comments:
MOVING TO MOBILE! :(
This is a lovely reflection on the year. So glad y'all have precious Charlie. Sad to hear about y'all moving, but I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!
Post a Comment