I am a big proponent of voting. When I was a little girl, my parents used to take me to the polls (I still remember where and what it looked like), where they used to have little ballots for us kids to fill out. Silly stuff, like, which is the best cereal. Anyways, learning more about US History and becoming more conservative in my adult life, voting isn't something I skip. Therefore, on Tuesday, Election Day, Keith and I ensured that we took the kids out to vote - training up our children, right? Anyways, Keith and I took turns staying at the car with Charlie, and we took the kids in. They were thrilled to walk away with 2 stickers each. (And we were thrilled when the election results nationwide were largely Republican!) Anyways, here's my story. Andrew was wearing a voting sticker he had gotten from school, so we asked him if he had gotten to vote. He responded that he had, and we asked who he voted for (thinking it was something silly, like mine above). He told us he voted for "the doctor" - like the Dr. Bentley that we had just voted for. We asked him how we knew who "the doctor" was, and why he voted for him. Andrew quickly informed us that his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Moore, had taught them. Furthermore, he said that while both candidates went to church every Sunday, only one ("the doctor") also did what God said.
I LOVE that he knows how important our leaders' attention to the Word of God is!
No comments:
Post a Comment