It's been almost 3 weeks since Charlie was born, and life as a family of 5 has been a bit of a challenge - but we're adjusting. Andrew treats Charlie like an experiment - he's dying to touch, rub, talk in his face; whereas, Anna Catherine treats him as her baby. I didn't know how easy I had it with just 2 kids! :)
Keith has been amazing in so many ways. Because Charlie likes an early bedtime (8-8:30pm), I'm tied to the bed from then on. (Sounds like a dream, but it's actually hard to not be able to move - hello, bathroom break!) He puts the kids to bed by himself - which is quite the adjustment for the kids, since they've always had one of us to themselves. He entertains A and AC when they want to go out (and my gosh, do they have energy! I guess it didn't phase me when I was pg), and basically acts as a single, working parent. (HUGE respect for all the single Moms/Dads out there - it's hard!)
I know things will continue to improve - but I had NO idea how hard/how long we'd need to adjust to having 3! BUT, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I feel SO blessed to have each of my children!
1 comment:
So thankful to hear your truth! Everyonrpe that has three has told me that going from two to three kids is much easier than from one to two! It will get better!
Lv, k
Post a Comment