Saturday, January 16, 2010

Growth

My kids have always called cupcakes "pupcakes." I love it. However, I also realized that, as they got older, I needed to correct this bad grammar. Over time, A's favorite word "lasterday" disappeared, and just this week, he started phasing out pupcakes for the correct word (cupcakes). This kills me. I know that my kids are growing up, but it's so weird to witness a growth that's so obvious (I can't see them physically grow each day...).
While his vocabulary still includes some of *his* phrases (the use of "78" as a time period, for instance. ie - We did that 78 days ago.), I'm seeing a real maturity in him. It makes me so pleased, but it also makes me sad - I guess parenthood is filled with these mixed emotions.
But, I'm so blessed to have AC, who, just the other day, said the word "pupcakes". Thank you Lord for my babies...

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I know exactly what you mean! Hudson says "panpakes" (pancakes) and "hind-by"(behind), but he's left behind "na-na" (thank you)! I LOVED hearing his baby voice say that!! I try to video and record his sweet voice, b/c the little voices (of my kids, not in my head) will be the sweetest sounds of my life.