1) Anna Catherine is good at walking in heels. Here's proof:
2) She and Andrew are my bug-catchers. I never have to worry about stumbling on a bug myself, because they have an innate ability to locate them in any room in the house, pick them up, and flush them. Who needs a pest man when I've got these?!3) Anna Catherine is cursed/blessed with SUPER straight hair. I've had wavy hair all my life, and have spent many painful hours flat-ironing my hair. Anna Catherine will never have to worry about that. Instead, she'll spend those same hours with a curling iron in her hand. Here's evidence of what straight hair does when you pull it back:
4) My kids are growing up in the age of technology. I don't have an iPod, but my kids are very accustomed to using/having Keith's. Here is Anna Catherine (with a mohawk) listening to Keith's iPod last night:
5) Andrew is the sweetest boy on earth. That is perpetually the compliment I get about him (that and "he has the loveliest color hair"). His teacher, Miss Celia, told me that again on Friday. I have always loved the sweet spirit he possesses.6) Andrew loves soda. Like me, he really enjoys flavored soda, and grape is one of his favorites. I don't know how awful I am to share Grapico with a 3 year-old, but he likes it (and I'm a sucker for my little guy!).
7) Andrew loves to talk. One of his special words is "lasterday." I'm not sure where it came from, but he uses it in place of "yesterday." Also, when he wants to stall (going to bed, going to school, etc.), he uses the phrase "I gotta tell you something..." We might hear it 4-5 times in a row before he's fully out of things to say.8) My kids love to go to the library. I try to take them on Fridays, and we always have a blast picking out the week's bedtime stories. (Although, Andrew now likes to read the Disney Classics books my parents read to me when I was a child.)
2 comments:
I love reading all these sweet little stories! Grant's version of 'lasterday' is 'yesternight' It's SO funny how they try to grasp these phrases!!! :)
Great memories...I always think I'll never forget but I do.
So glad you got them down on "paper"!
Post a Comment