
This is Keith posting (for once). I had to post about the exciting night I had last night. I'll do this chronologically to keep it interesting.
12:00 a.m. - Andrew woke up at midnight yelling for daddy, so I went into his room and laid down with him in hopes of getting him back to sleep.
12:30 a.m. - With Andrew acting wide awake, I decided to make it a family bed and move him into the bed with me and Meredith so that I could pass out while he (hopefully) started to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, my plan did not work and Andrew stayed awake chatting to a room full of sleeping people and animals.
2 a.m. - Since Allie decided to get up and whine at the door because she had to potty, and Andrew had asked me for a new cup of milk for about the 10th time, I decided to get up, let Allie outside and get Andrew a cup of milk. When I took Andrew downstairs with me to do this, he spotted a half thing of french fries on the kitchen table that was left from our dinner at DQ. He got really excited, exclaiming "French Fries" and grabbing a fistfull of fries.
I then took him back upstairs to his room where he proceeded to eating french fries, drinking milk, and asking me to read him stories. I read him 3 books, then we played "tent" by hiding under the covers together over and over again.
3 a.m. - I told Andrew that we HAD to go back to bed. He was done with his fries and his milk, so he fell asleep fairly quickly.
3:30 a.m. - I got to go back to sleep.
Gotta love kids. Andrew just wanted to hang out and play, so being completely insane, I consented. It took me 2 hours to realize I should do this and it turned out to be pretty fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment