Unless you've had a 2 year-old you've got no concept of how funny they can be. Andrew is really starting to comprehend words that we say, and is getting very good at repeating them back to us. Here's an excerpt our our conversation with him last night.
(Background: we had gone by McDonalds to grab a milkshake for all of us to share. Andrew has been holding it since we left the drive-through.)
Keith: Andrew, can I have a sip?
Andrew: No.
Keith: Andrew, can Mommy have a sip?
Andrew: No.
Meredith: Andrew, that's our milkshake...it's the family milkshake. It's not Andrew's, it's not Daddy's, and it's not Mommy's...it's ours.
Andrew: No, Mommy, not ours, it's mine.
Sounds like he's got the concept of sharing, doesn't it?
1 comment:
Makes sense to me, who would want to share one milkshake?:)
We have been having a little bit of the opposite problem. Walker tries to feed Eli everything he eats. I turned around yesterday and Eli had a piece of apple in his mouth. Of course Eli thinks it is great, but I am having problems explaining the concept of choking to a 20 month old. I'm sure his attitude would be different with a milkshake. :)
Post a Comment