Monday, September 24, 2007

Andrew's first lie

On Saturday night, I caught Andrew in his first lie. It wasn't a serious or "bad" lie, but the fact is that it was his first lie to me. I was struck by so many things in that moment, but my overwhelming thought was that of our relationship as parents to God, and that of our relationship as sinners to God. It's so hard to really understand that we are sinful people from the time of our birth, but it is so true. In that moment that Andrew lied to me, I became so thankful for the gift of salvation, because the Lord, Jesus Christ, paid for the sins of all men, young and old. It's amazing to think that Christ paid this price for this, the sin of my 2 year-old son, over 2,000 years before he was even born! Praise God for his mercy!

1 comment:

McKt said...

I praise God everyday that he has brought the gift of salvation to my boys. I pray their hearts will be open to the Holy Spirit. It is incredible to things of His gift in light of your children. Amen Sister!