I'll start the updates with Andrew. On May 25th, he finished kindergarten. We had all sorts of water parties, bug parties, and awards ceremonies to document the end of this milestone. That last week was crazy (and hot, since it was averaging 100+ degrees each day). He was given the character trait of truthfulness from his teacher, and that's so appropriate. He's begun to be afraid of the dark, and sometimes attaches himself to Keith's leg (or waist, as height dictates). I love him, but he's become a bit more needy the older he's gotten. I know it's a stage.... Oh, and he was 5th place in his spelling bee at school. He spelled several of his old spelling words, then had to sound out 2 more on his own (soft and last). I was so proud!
Anna Catherine was recently diagnosed with a mild case of scoliosis. Praise the Lord she's as tough as nails, because she's had so many shots, specialist visits, and even a 2 hour MRI at Children's in the past few months. Luckily, we got a release from the Immunologist (ie - no real reason we've had pneumonia 3 times), and the Orthopedist said her scoliosis will likely be cured/abated by a nightly back brace. We're working each day to write her name - and since Anna Catherine is an awful lot for a 4 year-old to do, so we're starting with Anna C. She holds the pencil much better than Andrew ever did - but she also has always known that she was a right-y....Andrew wasn't sure which hand was "right' for him until almost 5. She is an amazing swimmer, and we often get positive comments from the lifeguards at our new pool. Her dives off the diving board are hysterical because her resulting splash is SO small because of her diminutive stature.
Charlie is now full-force crawling. This is much earlier than either of his siblings. I'm hoping it means he'll walk soon. :) He now has 4 teeth, with all of them coming between Mother's Day and Andrew's spelling bee on 5/23. That's 2 weeks, if you're wondering... He is my skinniest baby so far, but probably my longest. I'm so curious to know if he'll be taller than Andrew (he should be much taller than Bananie). He's got the sweetest, and mildest spirit. He's smiles at the slightest thing, never cries, and is so sympathetic to the emotions of those around him. If I make a pretend sad face while playing with the older kids, he will almost cry on the spot! He babbles a lot, and moans when I feed him. Oh, and being the baby has worked to his benefit for food. He fusses when we eat if he's not getting something...he's had very little baby food, and he's not interested in it.
I'll try to get some pictures up soon..I'm going to be better (I hope!!).
2 comments:
Love the updates Meredith!
just soo cute!
Post a Comment