Friday, April 9, 2010
Green band
The ability to swim is the last parental hurdle of a young child - or at least that's my view. As a Mom, it's been a huge priority that I be able to trust the kids in the pool. Not like I'm putting them there alone, but I want to feel confident that if I turn my back, neither is going to drown. Since last summer, A has really taken off with swimming. I think it might be attributable to the fact that we went swimming almost everyday last summer, plus all the hotel time last Fall with Keith's business trips (Thanks, Daxko!). Anyways, at the Y, all kids are given red bands until they pass the swim test. I've known A could pass the test for a while now, but haven't pressed him too hard. But today, A got a green band! I'm so thrilled! He's such a big guy...I can't believe it! Maybe it's not too early for me to dream of his Olympic medals in swimming....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment