Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vacation Lessons

We just returned from a family trip to Blue Ridge, GA, and I've learned some things:
1) Per Keith, staying in a $320k log home does not equal "staying in a cabin."
2) Additionally, per Keith, having a Queen-size bed (as opposed to King) and sharing a bathroom with your kids does not qualify as "roughing it." (What's your definition?)
3) The mention of s'mores will make even the pickiest eater consume anything in front of them.
4) When on vacation with Granny, it's perfectly acceptable to have ice cream after breakfast.
5) With 2 kids, a 4 hour car trip really equates to 6 hours on the road.
6) Furthermore, you know your 2 year-old is really potty-trained when they can make that drive without accidents!
7) AC loves rocking chairs. She will sit in any rocking chair she sees, and assume it's hers.
8) A is an excellent stick finder and rock thrower. I guess boys are naturally drawn to these things...
9) The Mercier Orchard makes Chick-Fil-A's apple pies. They are delicious!
10) Having a 17 year-old uncle means AC has her own personal servant (poor Tyler carried her or her toys/dolls everywhere!).

1 comment:

Alli said...

I agree w/K--that cabin was not roughing it. However, sharing a bathroom with the kids IS roughing it.

As fun as parenting is, being Granny has GOT to be even better. I will def give my GKs ice cream for dessert after breakfast :)

And finally, I can SO see AC wrapping anyone around her finger. No doubt she has 100s of personal servants!